vendredi 20 novembre 2015

hangover - gueule de bois

Well, this was a very horrible week. I must say that on the 13th I went to bed very early with a bad cold and nothing worse in my mind than a dead central heater, with my phone off, and woke up to chaos, with all my online friends asking me if I was OK. Then I turn on the tv. I must say that I felt three things : shock, thankfulness, and guilt. Guilt because I slept through all of this; guilt is a sleezy bastard that introduces itself where it shouldn't. I am in the far suburb and I could have done nothing to help the wounded. Shock, this one is easy to understand. But the most important is thankfulness for my friends. They are there, and while they are there, we stand united against violence and barbary. If life should go on so that they don't win, they are a major force why I'm able to go on.
And then there is this incommensurable sadness for the wounded, the dead. Everybody knows at least someone who lost someone. My own connection with ther horror being my cousin who was in the neighborhood and thankfully decide to go home before the horor happened. They didn't target one specific group this time : they targetted anybody who had the gut to live a lifestyle they are against : music, a glass of wine, a game of sport, simply live and enjoy life. And the atrocity of coordinating so many attacks show their sheer determination. Hollande is right, we're on war, but we mustn't mistake the wrong target.

Écrit d'abord en anglais (la plupart de mes amis internet étant anglophones) et traduit, ce qui peut expliquer le manque de fluidité.
Bon, on peut dire que la semaine a été horrible. Je dois dire que le 13 je me suis couchée tôt avec un gros rhume et pas d'autre souci qu'une chaudière HS, avec mon téléphone éteint. Je me suis réveillée dans le chaos, avec tout mes amis d'internet me demandant si j'étais en sécurité. Ensuite j'ai allumé la TV. Je dois dire que j'ai ressenti trois choses : le choc, la gratitude, et la culpabilité. La culpabilité d'avoir dormi pendant que l'horreur se répandait, même si je suis en très grande banlieue et n'aurais jamais pu aider les blessés. Le choc, c'est facile à comprendre. Mais le plus important pour la suite c'est la gratitude pour mes amis. Ils sont là, et tant qu'ils sont là nous sommes unis contre la violence et la barbarie. Si la vie doit continuer pour qu'ils ne gagnent pas, mes amis d'internet sont la grande raison pour laquelle j'en ai la force.
Et puis il y a cette tristesse incommensurable pour les blessés et les morts. Tout le monde connaît au moins quelqu'un de touché. Ma propre connexion est ma cousine, qui était sur les lieux ce soir-là et a heureusement décidé de repartir chez elle. Ils n'ont pas pris pour cible un groupe particulier de personnes cette fois-ci :  n'importe qui qui a eu l'audace d'aller écouter du rock, de boire un verre de vin, de voir un match de foot, simplement vivre et profiter de la vie, quoi, un mode de vie contre lequel ils sont. Et l'atrocité d'avoir coordonné tant d'attaques en même temps montre leur détermination. Hollande a raison, nous sommes en guerre. Mais il importera de ne pas se tromper de cible.

4 commentaires:

  1. I am glad you are ok, but grieving for all the senseless death and sadness it will cause for all the loved ones remaining to mourn the loss of their children, wives, husbands, daughters, sons, mothers, fathers, and on and on and on. May we find a way to bring peace into the world for all.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Don't feed the guilt. I'm glad that this catastrophe didn't hit any closer to home.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. To add to all this which leaves me sad and speechless, I just wanted to tell you that I'm glad that your cousin is safe and that you are safe.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. C'est exactement ce que je ressens!

    RépondreSupprimer

Bonjour. Votre commentaire sera pris en compte dès que je pourrai le lire et le poster. Je suis obligée de lmodérer, c'est pour cela qu'ils n'apparaissent pas immédiatement, veuillez m'en excuser.

Hi. I'll read and post your comment as soon as I can get to it. I'm unfortunately under the obligation to moderate comments, that's why your comment won't appear right away on the page. I apologize for this.